Penticton Outdoor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bike-In-Theater

2 posters

Go down

Bike-In-Theater Empty Bike-In-Theater

Post  jholbrook Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:22 pm

Not sure if this is the right area for this post but I thought this was such a cool idea.

Code:
Last summer, we did some pretty simple math that ended up spawning (in our personal opinion) one of the most fun and memorable days of the summer. Written out, the equation looked something like this:

Summer + Bikes + 80’s Movie Nostalgia = A damn fine summer evening. 

In July 2011 we teamed up with the Brooklyn-based food blog and supper club Forking Tasty for a unique, modern twist on the classic American Drive-In experience: the Bike-In-Theater. Hundreds of riders sat and watched a movie on the Brooklyn waterfront, while munching on snacks from the Forking Tasty kitchen, including five unique gourmet-flavored popcorns. The free event was designed as a way to celebrate summer and bike month in NYC.

Wonder if there'd be enough interest in doing something like this in Penticton?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/manifold/bike-in-theater-nyc-sf

jholbrook

Back to top Go down

Bike-In-Theater Empty Great Idea

Post  Admin Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:23 pm

Great idea! If you're looking to put something together, I'd suggest that it would be worth talking to the Penticton Art Gallery as they host a Beach Blanket festival each year, and thus know the ins and outs of hosting a video on City of Penticton property / outdoor screen setup / power access etc.

Regarding food; the Bean To The Beach coffee shop, and / or The Bench coffee shop are quite close to the beach, and I suspect would be willing to participate with food / drinks if approached in a manner that demonstrated a way to get some free advertising for them...

Andrew

Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.sweetsingletrack.ca

Back to top Go down