Penticton Outdoor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Green Circle" loop on Campbell Mountain?

3 posters

Go down

"Green Circle" loop on Campbell Mountain? Empty "Green Circle" loop on Campbell Mountain?

Post  dbrooke Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:20 pm

I've been thinking a bit lately about the need for a "green circle" (think ski hill grades) loop which circumnavigates Campbell Mountain. Something a little more exciting than the KVR, but with a mellow grade, and nothing too terribly technical- the kind of trail kids could start off on to get them stoked on riding. I appreciate it will take some consultation with the landowners up there, and a great deal of elbow grease, but I'm just sussing out if anyone thinks that this could be a worthwhile project some time in the future. It seems to me that this is the kind of trail the Penticton area seems to be missing. Thoughts?

Dave

dbrooke

Back to top Go down

"Green Circle" loop on Campbell Mountain? Empty Re: "Green Circle" loop on Campbell Mountain?

Post  Dontfollowme Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:42 pm

Yes, we are definitely missing these kind of trails.
That was the initial idea behind "Toonie Tuesday", to hopefully, slowly bring more novice trails to the area to help bring more riders into our sport.
I feel it is slowly getting there with more friendly trails coming to Campbell Mtn.
No doubt over time, if these type of events keep happening then more areas will have more novice friendly trails.
Dontfollowme
Dontfollowme

Back to top Go down

"Green Circle" loop on Campbell Mountain? Empty Re: "Green Circle" loop on Campbell Mountain?

Post  1part@atime Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:39 am

To live up to 'green' standards, you would most likely need to restrict it to 2-tracks and roads. Anything above the gas line on the West slope is too steep with too much side hill. Anything above the DQ route on the West slope has too much elevation to even get there without the fire road or exposure.
You could probably circle around clockwise along the road until the 'Whoops' and then descend along back to the Gas Line and return to the Red Gate, but then it becomes a shuttle.

I personally feel I would oppose any trail that requires a bench so huge that it can be seen from the space shuttle.

A blue trail with encouraged hike-a-bike bits might be the way to go.
1part@atime
1part@atime

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down