Penticton Outdoor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whistler Road Trip / Summer of 2013

3 posters

Go down

Whistler Road Trip / Summer of 2013 Empty Whistler Road Trip / Summer of 2013

Post  Admin Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:13 pm

Haven't even made my way to Revy' yet (this coming weekend!!!) and am already stoked to run wild in Whistler June 28/29/30 - 2013! I'm looking for a half-dozen riders to camp at the new KOA in Whistler, ride Comfortably Numb (IMBA Epic) on Saturday and a combination of smaller valley trails on Sunday - ending up at the smile-enhancing Rainbow Park for a long swim and people-watch :-)

Throw yer' name into the hat by posting here to confirm if you can make a firm commitment because we have to book this one well in advance of the trip. Gig goes same as always; work part-day on Friday (highly optional) / drive out Friday. Ride Saturday & Sunday, drive back Sunday evening or Monday morning (makes for a beauty' Canada-Day long weekend!)

RideRideRide!!!

A.

Whistler Road Trip / Summer of 2013 Comfortably-Numb

Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.sweetsingletrack.ca

Back to top Go down

Whistler Road Trip / Summer of 2013 Empty For sure ! !

Post  surferboy** Curt Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:55 am

I'm definitely down for that...It would be nice to do 'full nelson' in squamish too. Way there or on the way back?
surferboy** Curt
surferboy** Curt

Back to top Go down

Whistler Road Trip / Summer of 2013 Empty let's plan..

Post  surferboy** Curt Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:51 pm

Let's revisit this thought. I am in plus Full Nelson in squamish enroute. bounce
surferboy** Curt
surferboy** Curt

Back to top Go down

Whistler Road Trip / Summer of 2013 Empty Whistler

Post  Admin Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:48 am

Personally speaking; I'm already booked for a Pemberton gig involving a flight out to the middle of nowhere, followed by a several day ride back to civilization... So I think that's gonna' be the sum-total of my Whistler-area adventures in 2013.

For others reading this however; I can assure you that Comfortably Numb is one ride that you don't wanna' miss! Quality riverside camping is at the trails-end; showers etc., and the trail itself is as unique as you'll ever likely see. Very highly recommended! If you have the luxury of more than one day in Whistler, I'd also recommend Train Wreck, Trash and Riverside - and visit the Whistler Brewery for a pint or three at trail's end. Its located at the start / finish of the these trails!

I've not been to Full Nelson, but have heard nothing but great things about it.

http://www.whistler.com/resources/pdf/maps/whistler_bike_trails.pdf

Andrew
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.sweetsingletrack.ca

Back to top Go down

Whistler Road Trip / Summer of 2013 Empty Cool

Post  surferboy** Curt Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:34 pm

That's cool Andrew, but you could make a few trips down there you know; car pooling and such. I'm planning 3 trips down there this year.
surferboy** Curt
surferboy** Curt

Back to top Go down

Whistler Road Trip / Summer of 2013 Empty Re: Whistler Road Trip / Summer of 2013

Post  Bricklin Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:00 pm

Sounds like a great weekend. Whistler trails are cool, I'd also love to do the full Nelson.

I'll look if I can get the time off from work.

Bricklin

Back to top Go down

Whistler Road Trip / Summer of 2013 Empty Re: Whistler Road Trip / Summer of 2013

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down