Penticton Outdoor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weyerhaeuser speaking to PACA

4 posters

Go down

Weyerhaeuser speaking to PACA Empty Weyerhaeuser speaking to PACA

Post  Admin Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:19 am

This is an interesting one; Weyerhaeuser contacting us to inquire about trails in the areas that they are logging (!!!) Who woulda' thunk' it?!

I mean, I find it amazing and pleasing at the same time. If this is the kind of respect that the bike club is slowly gaining in the community; hell, the future looks brilliant! We've communicated and I've sent him all of the tracks for our trails in the area - which may or may not find Weyerhaeuser planning around our trails.

At any rate, its a heck of a lot better then our trails being invisible to this corporation, and if our dealings with the Crown and BC Parks are anything to go by, then working with logging companies might just be the next great thing in mountain biking in the Okanagan!

Hello Mr. Drouin,

I’m contacting you with regards to Weyerhaeuser’s harvest operations in the Apex area. It was brought to my attention that you are part of a Penticton mountain bike club and might have some interest in the area. Please let me know if you have any trails or other interest in the area that you would like to discuss. You can email me or contact me by phone at the below numbers. Thanks,

Peter Forbes, RPF
Forestry Supervisor
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.sweetsingletrack.ca

Back to top Go down

Weyerhaeuser speaking to PACA Empty Re: Weyerhaeuser speaking to PACA

Post  1part@atime Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:20 am

Maybe they can casually plant a massive Boner log deep in a bush somewhere for the skinny jean kids to session?
1part@atime
1part@atime

Back to top Go down

Post  humangps Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:58 pm

If you haven't already,you may want to send them the Sheeprock and Brent tracks as I know logging in those areas has been on their plans for a long time.

humangps

Back to top Go down

Post  Dontfollowme Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:39 pm

Nice work
Dontfollowme
Dontfollowme

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down