Penticton Outdoor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newest 'Mice Master Map'

2 posters

Go down

Newest 'Mice Master Map' Empty Newest 'Mice Master Map'

Post  Admin Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:00 am

Hey all; the link below is to the latest, greatest edition of the Mice Master Map - the one which will see the light of day at the Pearly Gate this spring. Its had considerable input from Bill W., the 'master-trail-master' of the Mice since I first created it. This is close to "up to the month" as far as timelessness goes.

Please feel free to comments now, as its easy to change just about anything at this point, but it'll be damned difficult once it gets blown up to poster size and posted onsite... In other words, "speak now or forever hold your peace".

The link below is to a 'web-friendly' version, in order to facilitate rapid downloads. If you want to see the full-resolution edition (14mb file size) just ask and I'll send you a different link.

Map Link

Andrew

Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.sweetsingletrack.ca

Back to top Go down

Newest 'Mice Master Map' Empty Master map

Post  Krank Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:52 am

I have ridden the mice for 2 years now and have been lost and helped many a lost soul with a map. I found that even with a map I often didnt know where I was unless I came across a yellow sign and even then I wasn't sure where on the run I was. In the end I obviously made it out. There are some land marks noted on the map that are helpful. If, at major junction points, perhaps a symbol like a diamond or a club on yellow triangle, so you can link the position on your map almost like a "you are here" kinda thing. I also thought it might be worth noting a few more routes that are considered climbable. Now I realize that this depends on skill but I have on more than one occasion embarked on a trail that just ended in a hike a bike. All good and I guess that is the adventure of it all but sometimes ya just wanna ride. Either way I appreciate all the club has done and even if trail markings stay exactly the same I'm still happy to wander the trails in search of adventure.

Krank

Back to top Go down