Penticton Outdoor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

epic failure of equipment

2 posters

Go down

epic failure of equipment Empty epic failure of equipment

Post  1part@atime Sat May 25, 2013 12:13 am

The greatest teater manual bail ever was NOT caught on camera. Apparently I got my 'slide forward=on / back=off' mixed and recorded 20 minutes of banter about the wives and Gary's ass.

But to those that weren't there, which is many of you, it was glorious and I'm sure the bruises will tell a tale.
Imagine if you will, 5 guys out for a power lap of Campbell and playing at the teaters on the back side. A bit of 'one-up-manship' must have crept up as a curious idea arose in Andrew's head to manual off the long teater. Looked great for the first 12", but then as the teater dropped, the manual did the inverse and exponentially picked up a rearward rotation. Propelling tailbone and spine into the super hardpack with a mighty thud.
Glorious.
1part@atime
1part@atime

Back to top Go down

epic failure of equipment Empty Teeter

Post  Admin Sat May 25, 2013 4:24 am

A word to the wise; riding teeters' while attempting a cat-walk is not a logical endeavor...

It was initially envisioned as something of a victory lap; having just completed my first successful ride over the little red uber-teeter, I was feeling especially jubilant - causing me to loose track of reason (and physics) on the large - and usually incredibly easy 'big teeter'.

Back is fine; the over-stuffed hydration-pack saved the day. The only thing bruised is my ego afro

BTW; Nice work on bringing that old trail-bike path back to life. It certainly makes attaining the summit a hella' lot more fun and interesting.

A.

Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.sweetsingletrack.ca

Back to top Go down

epic failure of equipment Empty CrashBangClang

Post  Admin Sat May 25, 2013 3:55 pm

...but I'd love to see a 15 second YouTube collage of the three run-off-the-trail maneuvers that I was lucky enough to witness yesterday. Tell me that the cam' was on for all of those :-)

A.

Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.sweetsingletrack.ca

Back to top Go down

epic failure of equipment Empty Re: epic failure of equipment

Post  1part@atime Sat May 25, 2013 9:02 pm

Admin wrote:...but I'd love to see a 15 second YouTube collage of the three run-off-the-trail maneuvers that I was lucky enough to witness yesterday. Tell me that the cam' was on for all of those :-)

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/314038/

Freeriding in fields littered with baby heads blows.
1part@atime
1part@atime

Back to top Go down

epic failure of equipment Empty Re: epic failure of equipment

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down