Penticton Outdoor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vernon Race Report

Go down

Vernon Race Report Empty Vernon Race Report

Post  Dontfollowme Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:55 am

Sunday 13th October 2013
This race in Vernon was held on Thanksgiving Long Weekend and was a great excuse to eat a lot more Turkey.
I was flying the flag for The Bike Barn solo in this race with a few riders missing this weekend. There was another PACA member racing so i wasn't the only one for PACA. It was good to see Donald Smith out there keeping me honest in B Grade.
The previous week at our race in Penticton, the course was tight and technical and the race in Vernon was a complete contrast. Fast and flat, this course was absolutely relentless in keeping you riding 100%. You were pretty much at your limit the whole race with very minimal areas to take a breather. It didn't feel right to slow down on a long flat section so you could catch your breath. This course had some fun technical sections that really tested your balance with some really off camber racing lines.
The early morning dew did make the grass fairly slippery on the downhill off camber turns as well. Running somewhat slick tyres, i found myself hitting the grass on a fast sharp grass turn. I guess thats what happens when your pushing the limits.
The next race is in Kelowna and i am super excited. Currently sitting in 3rd overall (I believe) in the B Grade, i hope to make everyone who has helped me this year proud.

Vernon Race Report 555925_10151961623446171_997868912__zps8535718b
Dontfollowme
Dontfollowme

Back to top Go down