Penticton Outdoor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday rides

4 posters

Go down

Sunday rides Empty Sunday rides

Post  eachin Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:03 pm

I know you guys do regular sunday rides, but I can't find any reference as to what's happening tomorrow (July 18).

I'm probably just looking in the wrong place, but can anyone tell me if there's something planned for tomorrow?

Kyle
eachin
eachin

http://kylemaclean.net

Back to top Go down

Sunday rides Empty Re: Sunday rides

Post  GuineaPig Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:42 pm

I'll be visiting Penticton/Skaha this coming weekend and would love to meet up with you guys for the Sunday ride. Where exactly should I go on Sunday that will be suitable for intermediate riders?
GuineaPig
GuineaPig

Back to top Go down

Sunday rides Empty Sunday 9am Smith & Co.

Post  Rowena Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:55 pm

we meet at Smith & Co. coffee shop, 215 Winnipeg St. Penticton

9am.

Google Maps
Rowena
Rowena

Back to top Go down

Sunday rides Empty Intermediate

Post  Admin Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:00 pm

G.P.

This Sunday, the club will be riding advanced and beginner trails, though unfortunately - not intermediate. The beginner ride is to the Summerland trestle, at about 2.5% grade. The advanced ride is to Sheeprock Mt., and is shown below:

Sunday rides Sheeprock

If you wish to join either of these rides, we welcome you aboard. On the other hand, if you wish to fly solo for the day, I'd suggest making your way to the Campbell Mt. trail system, detailed below:

Sunday rides Campbell

I can send you larger, much more detailed versions of these maps if you like. Eithor way, hope you have a great ride!

Andrew D. & PACA

Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.sweetsingletrack.ca

Back to top Go down

Post  GuineaPig Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:24 pm

If you could send me the map that would be great, I'll probably explore that on Tuesday. But I'll come out for the Sunday group ride since it is more fun to ride with people that knows the area :D

How does the advanced trail compares to say SFU/Burnaby mountain trail which is what I usually ride?
GuineaPig
GuineaPig

Back to top Go down

Post  GuineaPig Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:48 am

Thanks to everyone for showing us around on Sunday. It was great fun to be riding with so many people :D

We tried to ride Campbell Mt. but my derailleur hanger snapped before we got to the top and we only managed to ride the section from the logging road down to the red gate since we didn't want to get lost up there :p

We'll definitely go back and ride more of the trails around Penticton :D
GuineaPig
GuineaPig

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down