Penticton Outdoor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Midway Bike Trails

Go down

Midway Bike Trails Empty Midway Bike Trails

Post  Dutch Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:43 pm

In the little village of Midway 18km East of Rock Creek on the Kettle River there are a series of bike trails on the north slopes of the hills south of the village. Travel through the village across the Kettle River and take your 2nd right onto Meyers Creek road. There are a couple starting points to start riding. The first about 0.5km up the road for a single track climb, clearly marked, the second at about 3.0km up the road for a double track climb. This one requires the climbing of a gate with your bike since it is private property. Please close all gates that you cross to ensure the cattle don't get out creating a Far-Side epidemic.
The rides all take you up to the US Border where you can choose several routes down. All trails down include narrow sweet single track with plenty of switchbacks to keep you on your toes. I would rate most of it as intermediate with some advanced sections. At the finish you can relax at the riverside campground for a splash in the river or a beer at the pub.
I would be happy to show anyone who is interested since it is my backyard...if I am available.
Dutch
Dutch

Back to top Go down