Penticton Outdoor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ride on Sunday April 25?

3 posters

Go down

Ride on Sunday April 25? Empty Ride on Sunday April 25?

Post  boonerator Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:49 pm

Hello,
I am from Victoria, and am coming up for the BC Library Association Conference ending on Sat APr 24.
I am bringing my 29er hardtail and want to hit some trails on Sunday Apr 25.
Riding a 29er means I'm not into shuttling and downhill, nice flowy XC is my cup of tea.
I am definitely in the older MB demographic, so I look for a fairly relaxed ride.
I'll keep an eye on this forum, so if any of you don't mind taking a visitor out, I'd appreciate it.

I have downloaded the maps, but it always takes time to figure out where I'm going.
Richard Baer
Victoria

boonerator

Back to top Go down

Ride on Sunday April 25? Empty Flowy Singletrack

Post  Admin Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:17 pm

Hi there,

In this neck of the woods, being in a valley-bottom as we are, there is not much in the way of easy singletrack... Pretty much everything that we have around here involves long climbs into the mountains. We do have the KVR, but it is nearly flat as a pancake. We also have the newly signed Carmi Recreational Trail Network - but it is 95% dual-track; beginner areas.

There is an area around Rattlesnake Lake, on the southern shoulder of Mt.Keogan above Oliver, that is not too threatening - but it too involves some climbing. We need to get you into a lightweight dual-suspension bike my friend! It might be the weekend to rent or DEMO a bike from one of the local bike shops (Freedom Bike Shop or The Bike Barn).

Andrew D.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.sweetsingletrack.ca

Back to top Go down

Ride on Sunday April 25? Empty Re: Ride on Sunday April 25?

Post  Highpockets Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:13 am

Hey Richard

Our club will have started our club rides by then. Stop by the Smith & Co. Coffee shop April 25/10 Just before 9:00am (215 Winnipeg St. just across the street from Liquidation World) . Our group meets here before we head out to our ride start. Depending on the people that show up it could be anything from a beginner ride to an advanced ride. We can also give you some advice and direction as to where to ride if you don't care to join us. I will bring some maps that I have for you. Do you own a gps? as i can email some maps in gpx form to uplode if you want to go that way. Look forward to meeting or chatting through the site.

Ride On

Gary (Highpockets)
Fellow hardtail rider
Highpockets
Highpockets

Back to top Go down

Ride on Sunday April 25? Empty That sounds good

Post  boonerator Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:45 pm

Thanks for the reply, I'll make sure I have lots of water and energy bars. Victoria has lots of climbing, we have to grunt up some good slopes to get to the singletrack, so I'll be prepared.
Richard

boonerator

Back to top Go down

Ride on Sunday April 25? Empty GPS - yes

Post  boonerator Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:46 pm

I missed that in your message. Yes, I have a Garmin Etrex, a GPS map would be good preparation.

boonerator

Back to top Go down

Ride on Sunday April 25? Empty GPS

Post  Highpockets Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:59 am

Richard

Here is my email address if you email me I can email you back with some maps of the area.

Gary (Highpockets)

garygregg@telus.net
Highpockets
Highpockets

Back to top Go down

Ride on Sunday April 25? Empty Re: Ride on Sunday April 25?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down