Penticton Outdoor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Riding Kettle Canyon Trail

2 posters

Go down

Riding Kettle Canyon Trail Empty Riding Kettle Canyon Trail

Post  JaiKai Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:14 pm

I am visiting Penticton next week (attending a conference) and would like to ride the Kettle Canyon Rail trail (the approximately 80 k route would be preferred). It would be great to have some company. If someone is available during the day on either or both the 21 and 22, I would pay for the shuttle up to Chute Lake with Ambrosia Tours for one person to join me. I understand that it leaves the Freedom bike ship at 7:30 am.

I am also in Penticton for the Sunday April 25th if anyone is interested in riding the trail that day or any other trails in the area. I won't be bringing my own mountain bike but will rent one from the bike shop so it will be appropriate for the trails in the area.

Thanks.

JaiKai

Back to top Go down

Riding Kettle Canyon Trail Empty Snow?

Post  Admin Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:17 am

It might be worth a call up to the Chute Lake Lodge (http://www.chutelakeresort.com) to see what the snow-conditions are up that way. I have seen a number of trucks coming down the Chute Lake Rd. recently (this week) with skidoos on the back... I have no idea if they are riding higher than the Lodge / KVR trail, but I do know that there is still snow on all of the trails at and above the Three Blind Mice's Reservoir area.

The Reservoir is at an elevation of 1200m meters, and Chute Lake Lodge is at an elevation of 1185m. The KVR trail (TCT) around Chute Lake is heavily utilized by snowmobiles all winter - and the constant packing of the KVR / TCT by these machines leads to it melting slower than the surrounding snowpack.

I might be way off on this one, but its definitely worth a call...

Andrew Drouin
President
PACA
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.sweetsingletrack.ca

Back to top Go down