Penticton Outdoor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'The Whoop' gets an add-on

Go down

'The Whoop' gets an add-on Empty 'The Whoop' gets an add-on

Post  Admin Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:25 am

Spent this afternoon getting a chip off my shoulder. I've always disliked the fact that we had to ride the road for a while after popping off the end of The Whoop on Campbell's east face, as we made our way to the Canyon Trailhead.

After much moaning, complaining and contemplating the lint in my belly-button, I finally got my act together today and pin-flagged / began the creation of a shortcut route that connects the two sections. The terrain offers a lot in the way of swooping and swaying, so I've used it to the best of my abilities. I'm not sure how durable all of that east-face soil is in the heat of summer, but we'll find out...

There are a number of new trail projects in the works in addition to this one; Bill and Kim are working on Ponderosa (Mice) and V.Man is working on 'Mr. Ed.', also in the Mice. This is sure to be another stellar riding season!

If anyone is feeling keen to do some much needed trailwork; The Whoop needs some TLC between the Campbell Mt. service road and where it crosses under the powerlines. I worked the road/crossing and gulch areas today, but there are still numerous dirt-bike crossings that need to be addressed. The soil is beauty to work at this point in the season; its moist and packs down / stays where you put it.

Andrew

Section of The Whoop Extension - And the Flow Continues...

'The Whoop' gets an add-on Flow

Worked the area again today; Its curvin' and swoopin' - Couple more days and I'll open it

'The Whoop' gets an add-on Campbell%20Whoop%20Connector

Can hardly wait for the April / May scheduled trail days; the soil on Campbell Mt. offers some of the easiest trail building / maintenance in the valley!

Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.sweetsingletrack.ca

Back to top Go down

'The Whoop' gets an add-on Empty C.C. Open

Post  Admin Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:13 am

"Trail connector", AKA: Crop Circles, is open. Enjoy!

:=)

PACA is working with the Ministry of Community, Sport and Cultural Development (that’s a mouthful) to establish sanctioned trail opportunities in the valley, and the diminutive 'Crop Circles' offers a simple taste of what is possible when constructing a trail to 'code'.

These folks are easy to deal with; they just want to be aware of where we are building trails and be assured that we are building them IMBA / Parks BC / Forestry BC spec.'

That’s easy, as it also happens to be the best way to build trails!

A.

'The Whoop' gets an add-on CropCircles

Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.sweetsingletrack.ca

Back to top Go down