Penticton Outdoor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Open letter to riders and riders-to-be

Go down

An Open letter to riders and riders-to-be Empty An Open letter to riders and riders-to-be

Post  Admin Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:23 pm

How the time flies by! Here we are in YEAR 4 of PACA, many of the original executive staffers have stuck with it since the beginning, as have numerous PACA club members who faithfully renew their club memberships each spring.

First off; thank all of you for your support and in many cases, your hard work to further the cyclist's cause in the valley! Without you, there is no PACA. Without you, there is no 'riders voice' in the South Okanagan!

It seems that a lot of people were sitting on the proverbial fence, taking a wait and see approach to the club. Many thought that, like the last three Penticton bike clubs, PACA would fold and wither in a year or two, three at the most...

With the amazing people that have come together under the banner of the Penticton and Area Cycling Association, we've shown them that this incarnation of a Bike Club is not going away, and that supporting us is a productive move for the South Okanagan cycling as a whole.

What will keep us growing, and allow us to do more and better things for the cause is an expanded membership. The old adage "many hands make lighter work" very much applies to the club - and I invite all of you reading this to join with PACA in 2012 and beyond. Things can only get better for you, the club and valley ridership as whole through participation.

PACA membership offers many benefits to members (described liberally throughout this discussion forum over the years) not the least of which is a quality insurance program, an easy way to meet new riders, guided trail rides with veteran cyclists (discover new trails!), improved fitness through peer-support and an overall sense of "doing the right thing" - which is always a great feeling!

I hope to see all of you out on the trails, if anyone has questions about off-road cycling in the valley, feel free to contact me at andrewdrouin "at" gmail "dot" com.

A special "Thank You" to all of my friends who have shown up, shovel in hand, for the many Trail Days that PACA has hosted over the past three years. >> YOU ROCK! - and Roll... boulders, and logs and... :-)

Andrew Drouin
Trails Coordinator
PACA

Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.sweetsingletrack.ca

Back to top Go down