Penticton Outdoor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cold Weather Project

3 posters

Go down

Cold Weather Project Empty Cold Weather Project

Post  Highpockets Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:12 am

Now that it has snowed it is time to take on a little project. The bike my dad rides every day is in an unsafe state. Tires leak, brakes don't work properly, grips aren't attached and the handlebars are cut way too narrow. This also happens to be my old bike, the one I used to race in the very early nineties. So today I dropped of a loaner bike and took my dads bike ' 80's Norco bigfoot' to give it some much needed love.

Gary

Cold Weather Project Dsc04610

Cold Weather Project Dsc04611
Highpockets
Highpockets

Back to top Go down

Cold Weather Project Empty Re: Cold Weather Project

Post  Dontfollowme Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:41 pm

What are the plans?
Dontfollowme
Dontfollowme

Back to top Go down

Cold Weather Project Empty Bike Returned

Post  Highpockets Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:24 am

Dad's project is finished and was returned to him over the holidays. Here are some pics of the finished product.

Handlebar off my old 2000 Cannondale (much wider than the original), New Grips (some of my used ones), Brand new brake levers (paid one breakfast sandwich to a friend), New shifter and brake cables (around $20 bucks from my friends at the Barn)
Cold Weather Project Dsc04710

Tires I had laying around (front old skool Panaracer Dart rear Kenda Smoke copy), V brake upgrade (taken from dad's bike junk pile), New quick release skewers off my old 2000 Cannondale.
Cold Weather Project Dsc04711

Bike was brought back to an enjoyable riding condition for 20 bucks and a breakfast sandwich. I now have a bike I can borrow for toonie retro night!
Highpockets
Highpockets

Back to top Go down

Cold Weather Project Empty Retro

Post  Admin Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:00 am

Had the same bike; mine was blue. Ran the original Smoke / Smoke and later, Smoke / Dart combo. Nice job of saving a classic!

Learned to ride on that rig in Whistler in the late eighties. The Bigfoot gave me several years of excellent exploration; took that sucker to the summit of Whister Mt. on many occasions, followed by completely insane service-road descents :-)

A.

Cold Weather Project H19B38C42
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.sweetsingletrack.ca

Back to top Go down

Post  Dontfollowme Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:43 am

Can't wait to see it at Toonie Retro Night!
Dontfollowme
Dontfollowme

Back to top Go down

Post  Dontfollowme Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:44 am

Actually, i probably should start upgrading mine for Toonie Retro Night. It needs some work.
Dontfollowme
Dontfollowme

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down