Penticton Outdoor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indoor Tri Challenge Reminder!

2 posters

Go down

Indoor Tri Challenge Reminder! Empty Indoor Tri Challenge Reminder!

Post  Dontfollowme Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:16 pm

Indoor Tri Challenge Reminder!

Register now for Penticton’s inaugural Indoor Triathlon Challenge which will take place Sunday February 10, 2013. Registration closes February 6 2013

Penticton Indoor Triathlon ChallengeThe race will be held at the Penticton Community Centre and the SOEC. It is going to be based on a fixed time rather than distance — meaning you receive points for going further in a specific period of time, not going faster over a fixed distance. Participants are graded on a curve. The furthest distance in each category gets the most points. All three disciplines count equally toward your final score. Therefore, your rank and score will not be determined until all participants have completed the event. The total event will be 80 minutes: 15 minutes in the pool, a 15-minute transition over to the SOEC, 30 minutes on your bike leading directly into a 20 minute run through the SOEC.

Registration for the event is $52 including HST and will include your entry fee, drink ticket, and an awesome buffet and awards social at the Vault of the SOEC, plus door prizes following the event. Online go to www.penticton.ca/registration. Enter course number 32758.

We are still looking for volunteers! If you have lots of energy and enthusiasm and would like to experience a fun event email shelie.best@penticton.ca
Dontfollowme
Dontfollowme

Back to top Go down

Indoor Tri Challenge Reminder! Empty Re: Indoor Tri Challenge Reminder!

Post  Dontfollowme Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:00 am

Don't forget that this goes down tomorrow. Be sure to get go check it out for some Indoor winter fun.
Dontfollowme
Dontfollowme

Back to top Go down

Post  1part@atime Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:13 am

Only if the bike course goes around the second level corridor and hipsters ride full rigid fixies with 12" wide upside down bull horns.

In a weak attempt to find a video of fixies racing indoors, this is what I came up with :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nJxCN3-9Rw

Don't waste your time, you will never get it back.

Sorry for hi-jacking this thread. It kinda got off on a tangent.
1part@atime
1part@atime

Back to top Go down

Post  1part@atime Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:16 am

THIS is what I wanted to find!

1part@atime
1part@atime

Back to top Go down

Post  Dontfollowme Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:22 am

Penticton needs an Indoor Go Kart Track for this very reason.
Dontfollowme
Dontfollowme

Back to top Go down

Post  1part@atime Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:45 am

I've never been in the high school, but I can only imagine it would have multiple corners.
A new PACA sanctioned race even has been born. I wonder if a bike shop would front us some carbon demo bikes for some high speed, wall slamming, step dropping, water fountain clipping awesomeness!
1part@atime
1part@atime

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down