Penticton Outdoor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Wheelers'

Go down

'Wheelers' Empty 'Wheelers'

Post  Admin Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:08 pm

Rode with the 'Wheelers' this morning, 6:30am meet-up…no, that time is not a typo!

So I stayed up all night, ya, right around the clock - got there wide awake, then punctuated the effort by downing three cups of coffee in under 45 minutes!

Its always interesting riding with a different group. We rode from Upper Bench Rd., in and beyond the Red Gate, then went right and up a route I never ascend with others - ignoring the steep route to the north parking area that I generally take. Instead, we ended up near the southern radio tower on the south ridge, and back down to the 'water corner' under the power lines on the east face. At that point we cut back west and rode the Whoop "backwards" - or so I felt as I had only ever gone west to east on the Whoop the past 50 or 60 times that I've ridden it! We descend to Barry's Gate and back to town.

I encourage everyone to mix it up and ride with another group more often; it’s amazing how everyone looks at ride-routes completely differently.

And hey, the Wheelers are a really great group of guys. If you ever get the opportunity to ride with them, jump at the chance!

Andrew D.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.sweetsingletrack.ca

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum