Penticton Outdoor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reporting near miss to police

3 posters

Go down

Reporting near miss to police Empty Reporting near miss to police

Post  1part@atime Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:35 pm

I'm just curious as to the steps to giving motor vehicle drivers (particularly white dodge pickup 0989-KD) a police warning as to not pull out in front of bicycles.
Is there a way of having the police contact vehicle owners and letting them know what they did? In this case the driver is very well aware of my existence because my shoulder was less than a foot from his rear quarter panel and he was looking at me in his side mirror.
I'm not looking for an arrest, just a 'if we see him, we'll let him know'. Is there a 'bicycle liaison' of sorts?
1part@atime
1part@atime

Back to top Go down

Reporting near miss to police Empty Re: Reporting near miss to police

Post  Admin Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:18 pm

We don't have a bicycle liaison - Brian, the RCMP member on our board of directors, is not in the traffic division. I suggest that you attend the local RCMP detachment and file a report; they will have no problem tracking down the clown...

Andrew D.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.sweetsingletrack.ca

Back to top Go down

Post  Rowena Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:36 pm

I have actually done this before, when I've experience agressive and rude driver's on my bike. I got the plate number and reported it to the police, and they have gone and talked to the person.
Rowena
Rowena

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down