Penticton Outdoor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carmi XC Trails - Festival Cleanup & New Routes

Go down

Carmi XC Trails - Festival Cleanup & New Routes Empty Carmi XC Trails - Festival Cleanup & New Routes

Post  Admin Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:07 pm

Spent much of Saturday wandering the Carmi Trail Network with my faithful canine companion Koko. This year, one of my goals is to enhance the Poker Derby route with some new singletrack trails.

One of the secrets of the area is its legacy of old, long grown-over singletrack trail networks; many of which were created by Dr. Brad Houston and his hiking crew back in the 1970's. I've meant to get in there and clear them for quite some time, but have only recently taken the opportunity to do so.

In a nutshell; what I seek are a couple of people who are willing to kick in an afternoon or two in order to assist me with some manpower. There isn't an insurmountable amount of clearing to be done; nothing that a few afternoons with a couple of dedicated souls and a chainsaw won't make fast work of anyway.

The surface component of the trails are in great shape, its mostly dead-fall and broken/fallen tree limbs that we have to contend with. With a little effort, we can add a lot more excellent singletrack to the significant dual-track in the area.

The club has a land-use agreement with the Ministry of Tourism, Culture and the Arts to use the land for trails and trail maintenance, thus, our trail clearing efforts are completely 'on the level' with the powers that be - which is very cool...

Please contact me via my cell at 250.486.2443 or email me at digital 'at' canada 'dot' com to let me know if you are 'in' on this project.

Andrew D.

Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.sweetsingletrack.ca

Back to top Go down