Penticton Outdoor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Era for Reserve Riding?

Go down

New Era for Reserve Riding? Empty New Era for Reserve Riding?

Post  Admin Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:05 pm

A member dropped me a PM today to inform me that there are new signs up on the Penticton First Nations Reserve.

Apparently these signs indicate that the area's trails are for non-motorized use and were created for such. It was suggested that I would find said signs near Jake The Snake / Husula Highlands, but a hike around the area today did not turn up anything. I was apparently in the wrong area, as all I saw at the 'old entrance' at the end of Forsyth Dr. / near the tennis court, is a derelict 'No Trespassing - Penticton Band Property' sign.

If anyone can snap a pic' of the 'new signs' and send one our way, It would be much appreciated.

Folks might think that I'm 'Anti-Reserve-Riding' - but the truth is, I used to ride the Reserve lands in that area a lot 'back in the day'. Eventually I got tired of wondering if we were going to get kicked off the land whenever we rode it, and felt that it was time that I grew up and quit riding posted private property; especially theirs, as our people have treated them with nothing but disrespect over the decades.

However; if the Penticton First Nations are having a change of heart about riding on their land, I'd love to know about it. If anyone can send me a pic' of these new signs, please do so.

Much appreciated.

Andrew D.

Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.sweetsingletrack.ca

Back to top Go down