Penticton Outdoor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Power's Creek - westbank " Saturday !! "

3 posters

Go down

Power's Creek - westbank " Saturday !! " Empty Power's Creek - westbank " Saturday !! "

Post  surferboy** Curt Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:07 pm

Anyone interested in hitting Power's Creek up in westbank this sat or sun? It's a shuttle run but the best trails around........Curt-[250-486-5216]....

Last edited by surferboy** Curt on Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
surferboy** Curt
surferboy** Curt

Back to top Go down

Power's Creek - westbank " Saturday !! " Empty Shuttle

Post  Admin Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:00 pm

Ok, now that this birthday / drinking stuff is outta' the way :-) sure, lets do Powers this coming weekend! What day / time works best for ya'?

Andrew D.

Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.sweetsingletrack.ca

Back to top Go down

Power's Creek - westbank " Saturday !! " Empty This saturday !!

Post  surferboy** Curt Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:31 pm

This saturday let's head up there. Be there by 10am. Let's get as many as possible because this going to be epic[ tell Mike the builder?]. A guy Morgan from work is going to come too, he has been riding up there for 4 years?!. I might rent a 'DH' bike' but I would suggest Andrew borrow your buddies... Morgan is down for at least 4 shuttles- so a good solid day. Very Happy
surferboy** Curt
surferboy** Curt

Back to top Go down

Power's Creek - westbank " Saturday !! " Empty Re: Power's Creek - westbank " Saturday !! "

Post  1part@atime Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:14 pm

Use a light pencil, and write my name down. Hopefully I'll have time this week to go down south and grab my new helmet cam.
1part@atime
1part@atime

Back to top Go down

Power's Creek - westbank " Saturday !! " Empty Re: Power's Creek - westbank " Saturday !! "

Post  surferboy** Curt Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:51 pm

Getting closer to " Disneyland for mountain bikes !'. I'm getting worried about the forcast{ rain ?!/}. We can't have that, the stuff will be probably be too skechy. Would we pospone to sun or next weekend?. . The best thing would be to leave the shuttles at the bottom then just load up and drive up then ride.. I will throw a blanket on my roof and be able to take 5 bikes, Morgan can take 5 bikes so all we need is a truck or maybe your trailer Andrew? [ just a thought]. So is the plan to meet at your house 9 am sat morning?......can't wait!!............................C
surferboy** Curt
surferboy** Curt

Back to top Go down

Power's Creek - westbank " Saturday !! " Empty Saturday Shuttle

Post  Admin Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:08 pm

We'll wait until Saturday morning to determine if we should reschedule; forecast technology just isn't
accurate enough to know whats (really) gonna' happen more than a day in advance. At any rate, 9am might be a little early. It'll be freekin; cold up top. What about we meet here at 10am, be onsite by just under 11am.

I can offer to bring the trailer up, no problem. I'm thinking that if we are serious about shuttling-proper, we should 'draw-straws' to name a dedicated shuttle driver and vehicle. My Subee is outta' the question because my insurance (only) covers Louise and I driving it.

If we did the 'straws' selection gig, we'd do it each run, leaving the last driver out of the new draw. That way, several of the overall pack of riders would 'get' to drive the shuttle vehicle at some point.

A dedicated driver-per-run would also speed up the shuttle gig as a whole.

Andrew D.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  surferboy** Curt Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:24 am

I say all the rides that can take bikes and people back up should be left at bottom then all we have to do is get bikes and one ride to take us to top. Richard has a truck, Morgan has a truck, my car somehow could wok, that's three? one more and we can shuttle till it gets too dark? 5ish - 6:30 ish?
surferboy** Curt
surferboy** Curt

Back to top Go down

Power's Creek - westbank " Saturday !! " Empty Rain...

Post  Admin Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:28 pm

Just checked the Kelowna weather forecast;

Hmmmmm... 90% chance of rain in the morning, 90% chance of rain in the afternoon... I'm guessing that its gonna' rain :-|

A.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  surferboy** Curt Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:51 pm

I saw that too but' Mike' the weather man said that he isn't sure it will play out like that...and I think it won't be ideal but it will still be much doable ! The meeting place is at the white church at 11 am. Richard is going to be there with his truck ready to go ! We are still going to Rock Power's with all our might !! Faith Faith , luck, and prayer .....
surferboy** Curt
surferboy** Curt

Back to top Go down

Power's Creek - westbank " Saturday !! " Empty Rain?

Post  Admin Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:06 pm

If its drizzling here in the morning, I'm going to don rain gear and go up and chainsaw those trees from the top of Boneyard...

A.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down