Penticton Outdoor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smith Creek - "Bad News Sign"

Go down

Smith Creek - "Bad News Sign" Empty Smith Creek - "Bad News Sign"

Post  Admin Sun May 20, 2012 7:41 pm

Rode Smith Creek (Holy Pail) this morning, along with John and Mischa.

In attempting to park at the 'usual' parking lot, we were greeted with the sign shown below. Grammar aside, they nonetheless feel that public parking in the 'classic lot' is a thing of the past.

As such, head for the second, smaller parking area a short way up the road.

I've spoken with a local bike shop employee and was informed that the land-owner posted this sign out of frustration with people littering and dumping garbage on the lot... As it turns out, the rednecks in Kelowna are every bit as stupid as the necks' around here.

At any rate, the upper lot is fine and avoids riding any road whatsoever. You'll be surprised to see that all of the cool stunts that used to populate the 'Warmup Trail' are now MIA. Local riders recently took them down in order to facilitate prov' gov' Fuel Reduction Programs in the area. Word is that these stunts will be reinstalled in the near future, in a slightly different location.

The good news in all of this is that the Smith Cr. riding area is 100% dialed and even slightly improved in 2012! That, and I was sporting a new Fox Talas 36 on the Blur today; every rider needs to try / own this fork! BTW: Kudos to Smith Cr. builders and maintainers - you dudes (and dudettes) rock my soul on a Sunday in the Church of Mountain!

:-)

Andrew

(note to self - buy shares in Fox)

Smith Creek - "Bad News Sign" IMG_0645
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.sweetsingletrack.ca

Back to top Go down