Penticton Outdoor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Apex Resort

Go down

Apex Resort Empty Apex Resort

Post  Admin Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:39 pm

July 14th - Our First Day Riding Apex Resort in 2012 - which just might just be a record for 'latest start' of alpine riding in the Okanagan! Dino, Kwaker, myself, my hangover and Kwak's two dogs headed up brightish and earylish this morning to explore one of our all-time favorite riding areas.

Parking at the Nickel Plate XC Center, we headed through ClaimJump, around Nickel Plate Lake, up and over the shoulder of Mt. Riordan, down to the PowerLine and up to (one of many) entrances of Prometheus, then down through it and onto the XC ski trails to the parking lot. It fluctuated between 11 and 13 degrees Celsius up there; beyond perfect mountain biking weather!

Prometheus appears to have taken a sh#t kicking from the snow melt and intense spring rains and is in serious need of a trail day! I can see this making the PACA trail-day list one day soon! It would also be nice to drive into the camping area and hike back a few hundred feet to a swampy area north of MudHaven. There is a serious need for a new bridge in that swampy area. Fall=no mosquitos in the Alpine, which would be a great time for these projects!

Below are a few pics' of the day.

Nickel Plate Lake - Always A Beauty Sight!

Apex Resort LakeShot

Along With Additively Perfect Singletrack

Apex Resort Lakeside%20Singletrack

"MudHaven" - Our Favorite Spot To Challenge Ourselves (and play with mud and rocks)

Apex Resort RockWork%20in%20Swamp

Flowers - In This Case, Lupins - Are In Full Swing In The Alpine

Apex Resort Lupins

Talk About Trail Love; Even The Plants Are Into It!

Apex Resort Trail-Love

Post Ride; Fully Satisfied Mutts! (cool weather + loads of water trail-side)

Apex Resort Dogs

A.

Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.sweetsingletrack.ca

Back to top Go down