Penticton Outdoor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Apex (Beaconsfield Mt.) Sunday PACA Ride

Go down

Apex (Beaconsfield Mt.) Sunday PACA Ride Empty Apex (Beaconsfield Mt.) Sunday PACA Ride

Post  Admin Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:54 am

Took me a while to post this one, and as I spit the dummy on bringing along a memory chip for my camera... Dino has provided coverage for the day's pics. Tnx. Machino.

Curt, Dino, Frank, John and I headed up from the old Gunbarrel parking lot and climbed a mix of Good / Bad / Ugly and the service road to the summit where we enjoyed the always-beauty' vistas. Heading down we blind-man searched out the always inconspicuous trail-head of The Gauntlet. Things up top are pretty rough, to the point of every one of us walking one section or another for the first half km or so.

Once beyond the eroded entrance we found ourselves flyin' along sweet singletrack that we haven't seen in years (truly) - as The Gauntlet's trail-head is the epitome of "out of the way". A half-dozen tree removals along the route later and the entire track (beyond the trail-head) is only held up by one chain-saw sized dead-fall.

The trail pops out at the base of the Quad chairlift, but the Human GPS pulled a selection of creek-side trails outta' his database and we rode them up to the Apex Village parking lot. The day ended at the KVR Station Pub for beer (if you are a fan of dark beer, then head to the KVR Pub for a pint of "Backhand of God" - you won't regret it!). We capped the day off with a dip in Skaha Lake, where we ran into long-lost-rider-bro Andrew Dingwall - what a beauty day with da' bro's!

Me, proclaiming something; don't recall exactly what...

Apex (Beaconsfield Mt.) Sunday PACA Ride Me%20Pointing%20The%20Way

Big Frank; trail-side n' cool as a cucumber (the singletrack just above him was a freakshow!)

Apex (Beaconsfield Mt.) Sunday PACA Ride Big%20Frabk%20-%20Cool%20as%20a%20Cucumber

Curt on ThE RoCkThInG we constructed

Apex (Beaconsfield Mt.) Sunday PACA Ride Curt%20on%20the%20Rockthing

John, Kwaker and his faithful companions

Apex (Beaconsfield Mt.) Sunday PACA Ride Kwaker%20and%20dogs

A.

Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.sweetsingletrack.ca

Back to top Go down