Penticton Outdoor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Staying Safe in Bear Country - A Behavioral-Based Approach

Go down

Staying Safe in Bear Country - A Behavioral-Based Approach Empty Staying Safe in Bear Country - A Behavioral-Based Approach

Post  Admin Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:58 am

Just in case anyone wants to get into the head of a bear... The video is literally, that - a video; as in VHS Tape. if anyone still has a VHS machine kicking around the pad, and you are curious about the critters, you are welcome to borrow this tape. Also, if anyone has the ability to transfer it to CD, DVD or a computer file format, I'd welcome your handiwork on that front as well.

By the way – has anyone noticed that there doesn’t appear to be many bear in the woods these days? In all of my tromping around in the bush this summer, I have yet to see any in the forest!
I’ve seen one run across the road in front of my car on the way to Yellow Lake, and a pair of cubs run across the road in front of my car on the way down from Apex, near the old transfer station… and that’s it. Every other year I can think of, I’ve seen perhaps a half-dozen in the woods each summer – my guess is that the wildlife services have been a little too trigger happy this spring – has anyone seen statistics on how many have been ‘put down’ so far this year?

Andrew D.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.sweetsingletrack.ca

Back to top Go down