Penticton Outdoor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fiore Trailwork begins!

4 posters

Go down

Fiore Trailwork begins! Empty Fiore Trailwork begins!

Post  Admin Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:00 am

Brent, Gary and I began work on the Fiore Trail extension (what will be the newly extended Campbell Classic Loop) this afternoon. Diggin' is a lot harder than it normally is on Campbell Mt., due to the lack of rain we've experienced this year, but we're making the best of what we've got to work with; beer helps.

We might be looking at a small window of opportunity weather-wise, but are hoping to get the northern sections dug in this month, and maybe... just maybe, squeeze in some building on the east face before the snow stops us in our tracks.

It would be nice to get as much done as possible before the winter snows and spring torrents hit, allowing the trail to 'set' before it gets ridden hard by the hungry horde of riders. If you wish to pitch in, please leave us a note here and we'll let you know when we're next heading up.

This is another 'legit' trail project made possible by cooperation between PACA, local ranchland lease-holders and the provincial ministry of forests. Building legal trails rocks! I love it when I can dig and not have to worry about who drives by or sees me working on trails :-)

Andrew

Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.sweetsingletrack.ca

Back to top Go down

Fiore Trailwork begins! Empty Re: Fiore Trailwork begins!

Post  1part@atime Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:03 am

I was still paranoid about drive-bys. My body is sore still from digging in that concrete.

Last edited by 1part@atime on Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
1part@atime
1part@atime

Back to top Go down

Fiore Trailwork begins! Empty After Work

Post  Highpockets Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:16 am

I will be heading up after work to work on Fiore. If anyone wants to help out I should be up there around 5:00 tonight.

Gary
Highpockets
Highpockets

Back to top Go down

Post  Dontfollowme Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:28 pm

I might stop by for a quickie after heading to Munson.
Dontfollowme
Dontfollowme

Back to top Go down

Fiore Trailwork begins! Empty Where?

Post  Highpockets Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:37 pm

The section is just behind the big boulders where we park on the asphalt. The trail is just up from and parallel to the road that accesses the dam.

Gary
Highpockets
Highpockets

Back to top Go down

Fiore Trailwork begins! Empty In Like Flynn

Post  Admin Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:04 pm

I'm in! C U there...

Andrew

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Fiore Trailwork begins! Empty Dusty, Dirty, Damned Good Fun!

Post  Admin Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:02 am

Thanks again to Brent and Gary for time spent on Campbell Mountain's newest trail section this evening. Being a mountain biker means putting in trail-time on the sport that you love! We invite those of you reading this to join us in this fully sanctioned trail-build when we pick up again next week. Keep an eye on this spot for postings of times and days.

Tuesday at 5pm is looking like my next session onsite.

Meet at the mouth of the north parking lot on Campbell Mt. The trailhead is closeby; this is currently one of the most convenient trail accesses that I've ever worked on! As noted above, its also 100% legit. We negotiated with local land managers and the Crown in order to make this project happen. This dig is yet another example of what a simple, honest and open discussion with property owners and management groups can attain. Diggin' legit' trails rocks!

Andrew

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dontfollowme Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:34 am

Sorry dudes, I ended up getting a Free viewing at the new cinema. Couldn't pass it up as it's probably the only time I'll ever go there. Free drink, pop corn and movie. I love free stuff!!
Dontfollowme
Dontfollowme

Back to top Go down

Fiore Trailwork begins! Empty Pictures

Post  Highpockets Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:35 pm

Did a quick dig after work before the Vee's game. Here are some pics of our progress so far.

Fiore Trailwork begins! Dsc04510

Fiore Trailwork begins! Dsc04511

Fiore Trailwork begins! Dsc04512

Fiore Trailwork begins! Dsc04513
Highpockets
Highpockets

Back to top Go down

Fiore Trailwork begins! Empty Trailwork

Post  Admin Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:44 pm

NICE!

A.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Fiore Trailwork begins! Empty Trail-Day Next Week

Post  Admin Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:31 am

Hey all. The Fiore extension is really taking shape! Brent, Gary and I have been up a few more times, including today, and while the digging is dirty-dusty as all hell these days, the impending rain (remember that stuff; wet, falls from the sky...) promises to create the perfect conditions for serious trail-work.

We could use a few more hands on tools; as such on Thursday, Oct.18th at 5pm we'd love to see a few of you (who will no-doubt use the trail a lot in the future) at the north end parking lot on Campbell Mt. >> up Greyback Mt. Rd. a few hundred meters from the intersection of Greyback Rd. and Spiller Rd.

You'll 'dig' what we've accomplished to date, and feel great about yourself because you pitched in and helped with what are essentially your trails!

So come on; up and off your butts, there (really) isn't anything on TV worth wasting your brain on! Get out there with us and create a legacy that will live on for decades! Its kinda' like "Pay it Forward" for mountain bikers... Bring shovels / hoes / rakes / food / water / gloves / eye protection.

Andrew

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down