Penticton Outdoor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mice - Feb 22, 2009

Go down

The Mice - Feb 22, 2009 Empty The Mice - Feb 22, 2009

Post  Lucy Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:54 pm

Well, after a day of working and errands and generally not much fun, I decided it was high time I checked the bikes to see how they were doing after the last few months of neglect.

Ostensibly, the purpose of the ride, which started very late in the day, was just to do a bike check along the KVR. But once I found myself at the bottom of Riddle Road, I had to check out the snow situation in the Mice. The well-boot-packed sections were quite rideable, except for the steeper bits of the way up. And if I was more fit & my lungs weren't incapacitated by a cold, some of those sections might have been rideable too. Of course on the way down, pretty much anything is rideable (slitherable?) in the snow if it's steep enough, so the hike-a-bike was worth it :-)

I didn't see any other bike tracks in the tiny portion of the Mice that I covered, but the KVR was seeing a lot of use. The hard-packed snow/icy sections were actually nicer to ride on than the snow-free, water saturated, gritty, mucky sections.

I'll attempt to insert some pictures:

Gratuitous snow shots:
The Mice - Feb 22, 2009 Lookin10
The Mice - Feb 22, 2009 Awl_in11
Mucky KVR
The Mice - Feb 22, 2009 Kvr10

Lucy

Back to top Go down