Penticton Outdoor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Product Review - GUTR

Go down

Product Review - GUTR Empty Product Review - GUTR

Post  Admin Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:02 am

This summer I was determined to find something to stop sweat dripping into my eyes once and for all. The first product that I tried is the focus of this review; the GUTR headband.

Check out the constipated looking David_Hasstlehoff_meets_Tom_Cruise wannabe dude below;

Product Review - GUTR Gutr

That thin, semi-transparent device on his noggin is a GUTR headband.

The concept seems logical; a rubberized eaves-trough of sorts that funnels sweat outta' your eyes on those gut-busting ascents. It even sorta' kinda' works in that fashion.

In practice however, the device really sucks - and for one simple, core reason; its constructed from PVC - [[[and strongly smells every bit of it]]]. Firmly pressing PVC against once's skin during a strenuous exercise has to be one of the stupidest practices, aside from smoking cigarettes, that I know of. I actually contacted and 'called' the company on the idiocy of employing this material, only to be assured that "its all good" (in so many words). Monsanto likely tells its clients the same thing...

I'll keep this review short and sweet; don't buy one of these things - unless you've somehow developed a toxic PVC addiction and you wanna' use this device as a 'patch' to get a sublimated fix...

On a scale of one to ten knobbies; one half of one knob (and a worn-down one at that)

I recommend that you buy a 'HALO II' Pullover headband, which is what I did after this pathetic product experience. http://store.haloheadband.com/default.asp

The Halo II is modeled by the pseudo-aggressive in a "I'm gonna' kung-fu your ass" kinda' way, gal below;

Product Review - GUTR Haloiibandw

The Halo II rocks! It does what it says its gonna' do, though it can be overpowered by a severe climb in very hot weather - or maybe its just that I sweat a lot...

Andrew

GUTR - 1 Screaming Wheelie out of 10 (and that's being generous)

Product Review - GUTR -wheelie

Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.sweetsingletrack.ca

Back to top Go down