Penticton Outdoor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Green Trail

2 posters

Go down

Green Trail Empty Green Trail

Post  Admin Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:37 am

Ya' man; missing in droves!

The deal with Campbell Mt. is that its been the Wild West until this past fall, when Mike Street dug the trench across the road - which I applaud.

I've been waging a quiet (too quiet) effort to see Campbell Mt. converted into a Municipal or Regional Park. The problem is that I've been tied up with the book, the new Trail Alliance and my nieces and nephews to show incentive on seeing the height of land preserved as a park of some form.

A 'real park' would merit a family trail...

To date, the only 'legit' work conducted on Campbell Mt. came under PACA with the 'new' backside trails which were dug under the blessing of Palmer Sather, his son Joe and Mike. I can show you detailed maps of who owns what up there if you'd like to peruse them.

I agree that its an excellent idea. It would have to be kept pretty low around the circumference of the mountain, crossing several property lines and intersecting here and there with the existing trails (inevitable).

Andrew

Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.sweetsingletrack.ca

Back to top Go down

Green Trail Empty Re: Green Trail

Post  dbrooke Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:31 pm

We should grab a beer and BS about this. It will be a major undertaking, but one that I think could be worthwhile- and maybe a lot of fun!

dbrooke

Back to top Go down

Green Trail Empty Beer Trails

Post  Admin Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:27 pm

...anything that starts with "we should grab a beer" is of interest to me :-)

Name a time and place, I'll bring the maps I alluded to earlier.

Andrew

Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.sweetsingletrack.ca

Back to top Go down

Green Trail Empty Green Loop

Post  dbrooke Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:36 pm

Hey Andrew- it's going to be pretty busy for me with work and spring break for a couple of weeks, but I will grab some coldies and we will meet to discuss this trail in the next few weeks. SYL

Dave

dbrooke

Back to top Go down

Green Trail Empty Re: Green Trail

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down