Penticton Outdoor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Signing & Sanctioning Mt.Conkle Singletrack

3 posters

Go down

Signing & Sanctioning Mt.Conkle Singletrack Empty Signing & Sanctioning Mt.Conkle Singletrack

Post  Admin Tue May 07, 2013 7:15 pm

Met with Summerland Parks Dept. today; they are onboard with sanctioning & signing the Mt.Conkle trail! This looks to be a long-term project, and won't see the light of day until this Fall, but it has to start somewhere; this is the beginning of more legit trails in the Summerland area.

Andrew
www.southokanagantrailalliance.com

Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.sweetsingletrack.ca

Back to top Go down

Signing & Sanctioning Mt.Conkle Singletrack Empty Re: Signing & Sanctioning Mt.Conkle Singletrack

Post  Dontfollowme Tue May 07, 2013 8:10 pm

Damn man. You keep bringing the good news.
Good Work!!
Dontfollowme
Dontfollowme

Back to top Go down

Signing & Sanctioning Mt.Conkle Singletrack Empty Great news

Post  mully Tue May 07, 2013 9:14 pm

That's great Andrew. I have been helping my buddy Jeremy who has done most of the work up there add a few lines that you may not know about. We'd gladly show you when it's time. We also have some plans to make another option on the climb that is less steep and a little longer.

mully

Back to top Go down

Signing & Sanctioning Mt.Conkle Singletrack Empty Conkle Mt.

Post  Admin Tue May 07, 2013 11:16 pm

The route that I am considering is the one featured on SweetSingletrack.ca. Do you have site access? If not, let me know and I'll shoot you the GPS and Google Earth files.

It was Jeremy that showed me that Mt.Conkle trail a few years ago, when I was first putting the website and book together.

If you have something even better - that will tame the ascent, I'd love to see / GPS and perhaps present it to Parks as the intended route...

Lemme' know when you guys are ready to ride it, I'll be there!

Andrew

Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.sweetsingletrack.ca

Back to top Go down

Signing & Sanctioning Mt.Conkle Singletrack Empty Conkle

Post  mully Wed May 08, 2013 9:03 am

I do have sweet single track access. It's essentially the same track, but we added a few lines on the DH section to better follow the terrain and create a bit more flow.

mully

Back to top Go down

Signing & Sanctioning Mt.Conkle Singletrack Empty Re: Signing & Sanctioning Mt.Conkle Singletrack

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down