Penticton Outdoor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Mice Bridge "in"

2 posters

Go down

New Mice Bridge "in" Empty New Mice Bridge "in"

Post  Admin Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:13 pm

The next time that you ride WhiteTail, keep your eyes peeled for a new trail-connector on the right, running from the point where the Turnbull quad-track comes down to meet WhiteTail.

There you'll find a new lil' bridge - enjoy!  Thnx. to Bob for helping with the project!  (we even got in a new Micro-Singletrack with a Nano-TTF :-)

Andrew

New Mice Bridge "in" New%20BRidge%20Test
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.sweetsingletrack.ca

Back to top Go down

New Mice Bridge "in" Empty Re: New Mice Bridge "in"

Post  1part@atime Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:32 am

Looks a little short. Is it even above the run-off line?
1part@atime
1part@atime

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:54 pm

14' clear-span, and yes, aside from a unique snow-load / melt year, it should be fine.  The bridge is not pinned down, just supported in place under it's own weight.  As such, if / when the "100 year event" flow comes down the creek, the bridge will simply float down a few dozen feet or whatever... and I'll go and get it :-)

We had considered installing it over to the right / a bit higher, but then it becomes potentially too high for beginners - many of whom are freaked out by heights / bridges.  And since this bridge is on the area's only potential "Green Trail", I figured that I'd play it safe.

In order to get Crown permission to install this thing, I had to submit a comprehensive study of Turnbull Cr.  As it turns out, there is a lot to know about this diminutive watershed - multi-decade flow rates among them.

Andrew
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.sweetsingletrack.ca

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down