Penticton Outdoor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MTBco In Kelowna - Invitation to attend AGM

2 posters

Go down

MTBco In Kelowna - Invitation to attend AGM Empty MTBco In Kelowna - Invitation to attend AGM

Post  Admin Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:00 am

Stu Evans from the City of Kelowna and MTBco (Mountain Bikers of the Central Okanagan), emailed yesterday - inviting members of the Penticton & Area Cycling Association's Steering Committee to their AGM on Wednesday February 18th from 7pm - 9pm. I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that anyone with a strong interest in supporting either local club through volunteer efforts should consider coming along.

Part of the MTBco strategy is to form strong and lasting bonds with the other clubs in the area in order to work together on projects, land issues, local race series and create friendship within the interior. They have also invited clubs from Vernon & Merritt so should have a good group in attendance - I've forwarded this to the Oliver club as well. Also on hand will be representatives from BC Parks, MOTCA and the City of Kelowna Parks department - to give us quick briefs on issues that have come up since the last AGM.

Please let me know if any of you are interested in coming along - as I'll definitely be travelling to Kelowna that evening to attend. We can split the gas; grab a quick bite to eat before the meeting and perhaps enjoy a beverage afterward with various folks that we meet at the session. I think that it'd be a great way to expand the bond amongst riders in the valley as a whole.

I'll be leaving Penticton at around 4:45pm on Wednesday, getting back around 11pm at the latest. Let me know ASAP what if you are "in" or not.

Andrew D.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.sweetsingletrack.ca

Back to top Go down

MTBco In Kelowna - Invitation to attend AGM Empty Kelowna stuff

Post  Wavesowner Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:52 pm

I wasn't at the Feb 18 meeting, but this just came up on NSMB today.
Check it out.
http://www.nsmb.com/page/s/2880/430-km-of-trails-await/
Wavesowner
Wavesowner

Back to top Go down