Penticton Outdoor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bear Essentials

3 posters

Go down

The Bear Essentials Empty The Bear Essentials

Post  Admin Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:02 am

Gary, Jeremy and I were lucky enough to spend some time admiring a really beautiful brown bear in the mice this afternoon. We came around a corner on Fred and found ourselves several hundred meters from momma standing guard at the base of a tree - her progeny far up in the forest canopy above.

The three of us stared in wide-eyed amazement, both at how far the cub had shimmied up the tree and how beautiful momma was as she calmly sauntered around the base. Its not often that one gets to spend time in relatively close proximity to such a magnificent animal; in most cases, bears will retreat at breakneck pace, affording but fleeting glimpses. This was a real treat.

We have but one pic', taken by Gary at full zoom. The quality isn't much to write home about, but it conveys the basic concept; mom standing her ground, puny bikers bush-wacking around her in order to continue their ride :-)

A.

The real Bruin; not from Boston

The Bear Essentials Bruin
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.sweetsingletrack.ca

Back to top Go down

The Bear Essentials Empty Re: The Bear Essentials

Post  dex Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:50 am

Andrew what are you worried about you had Gary with you, you're faster than him.

dex

Back to top Go down

The Bear Essentials Empty Fast Enough!!

Post  Highpockets Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:05 am

It's a good thing I was right on Andrew's tail as he did not see the big bruin until I told him to "STOP BEAR!". We saw this gal minutes after crossing paths with you on Turnbull South.

Gary
Highpockets
Highpockets

Back to top Go down

The Bear Essentials Empty Re: The Bear Essentials

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down