Penticton Outdoor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kaleden KVR - Meeting Results

Go down

Kaleden KVR - Meeting Results Empty Kaleden KVR - Meeting Results

Post  Admin Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:37 am

Attended this evening's Kaleden-"KVR" trail open House at the Kaleden Community Center. Approximately 125 members of the public conducted a question and answer period with several levels of government, including local MPs.

While I very much enjoyed the public discussion, I was disappointed that I did not see a single Penticton hiker or cyclist in the audience; come on guys and gals - showing up at a public meeting, especially one attended by members of government - is the simplest act of trail advocacy one can imagine.

I spoke at this evening's meeting and suggested that a 'Valley Trail' type 2m wide paved path be added adjacent to the west side of Alder Ave. between Sickle Point and Ponderosa Point. This would eliminate land-access / land-ownership issues altogether.

Personally, I say to Hell with the whole McGinn issue and negotiating with her. Use Crown land all the way, blow off her demands for Crown land swaps and be done with it.

Kaleden KVR - Meeting Results KVR%20Kaleden%20Group

Andrew

Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.sweetsingletrack.ca

Back to top Go down