Penticton Outdoor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naramata Woodwackers

Go down

Naramata Woodwackers Empty Naramata Woodwackers

Post  Admin Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:29 am

I don't know how many of you are aware of the Woodwacker’s 'Trail Club' - but for the record, these cats are responsible for the impeccable maintenance of the Trans-Canada Trail, the parking areas, washroom facilities, fantastic single-track in the area and tireless lobbying for all things trail-related in their area.

At any rate, I’ve been lucky enough to be on their mailing list, found myself invited to meetings through them and enjoyed much of their single-track handiwork – all very much appreciated.

Their most recent ‘newsletter’ hit my inbox and I felt that posting it here was worthwhile, so; (let’s hope that we can aspire to this much dedication to our local trails!)

Hi All,

Promotional material

The RDOS application for a $1200 Tourism grant for promotional material (maps and ‘you are here’ posters) has been approved by the RDOS Board, and should be forthcoming. Some fine tuning will be done on the map based on comments received.
Work bee and Wind-up

On Saturday 22 November, twelve of us worked at graffiti removal, roadbed improvement, removing brush and weeds, clearing windfall and improving the parking lot at the television tower road. A post mortem of the day’s work was held at the Naramata Pub.

Among us, opinions differed on whether working the roadbed with hand tools does a lot of good. We only worked the obvious potholes and ‘outstanding’ rocks. We used on site material to backfill.

Winter Biffy Maintenance

An arrangement has been made with Jordan Taylor (the summer Parks Maintenance contractor) to monitor and clean the outhouses at Robinson Creek and Glenfir. The four other outhouses will be cleaned if and when required.

BC Trail Strategy open house, 26 November at the Lakeside Resort in Penticton.
For those of us who have opinions about what the KVR should or should not be or become, this is a chance to have a say.

Information about the open house was passed on to ‘Discover Naramata, Naramata Parks and Recreation and Woodwackers. Posters were planted at the Pub, the Store and at the Smethurst KVR Kiosk.

Ben
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.sweetsingletrack.ca

Back to top Go down