Penticton Outdoor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introduction to Singletrack

3 posters

Go down

Introduction to Singletrack Empty Introduction to Singletrack

Post  Admin Wed May 20, 2009 5:41 am

Introduction to Singletrack -beginner-ride

Andrew will be leading a beginner-level 'Introduction to Singletrack' group ride this Sunday, May 24th on Campbell Mt. - We meet at 'Smith & Company on Winnipeg St. at 9am [not 10am as with previous meetings].

This group ride will focus on people who have little to no experience navigating narrow dirt mountain trails, and will offer tips and tricks which will broaden your mountain-biking horizons. It’s a look at the world of dirt beyond the KVR!

The event will consist of a 6.3 kilometer loop ride around the midsection of Campbell Mt. Bring water, sun-screen, a spare tube, tire pump and tire levers – you may get a course on how to use them as well :-) I strongly suggest that you fit true 'knobby' tires to your bike for this ride - street tires just won't cut it. The image above displays a GPS track which is color-coded; green is easy, yellow, orange, red, purple etc. designate progressively steeper pitches.

You'll note that there are few steep sections to navigate - but there may be a 'push-bike' here and there for some. Campbell Mt. is a safe place to hone your skills and explore without fear of getting lost or encountering real hazards. The area is absolutely laced with trails of all shapes and sizes, and one can play all day without having to ride the same trail twice. Once you have a taste of real mountain-bike trail riding you’ll look at the KVR in a whole different light (merely as a way to access trailheads, not as a route unto itself).

Pre-rode the loop Wednesday; here are some pics;

Introduction to Singletrack P5200008
Introduction to Singletrack P5200013Introduction to Singletrack P5200002
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.sweetsingletrack.ca

Back to top Go down

Introduction to Singletrack Empty gps track please?

Post  rexvirtue Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:38 pm

can you make this gps track downloadable. i'm new to the area and it looks like a good area. thanks.

rexvirtue

Back to top Go down

Introduction to Singletrack Empty GPS Track on return

Post  Admin Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:12 pm

Will get a track up here as soon as I return from vacation. Am in the country in rural Nova Scotia and all we have out here at my folks ranch is a measly 28.8k connection to the Net'.

What brand of GPS do you run?

Andrew D.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.sweetsingletrack.ca

Back to top Go down

Introduction to Singletrack Empty Re: Introduction to Singletrack

Post  jholbrook Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:12 pm

Stupid question. Do we drive up there or ride up there?

jholbrook

Back to top Go down

Post  jholbrook Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:39 pm

Okay. I'll be at Smith & Co on Sunday morning at 9AM. I'll be in my min-van. I'll be the tall, lost looking guy. If anybody wants a ride up I can probably fit a second bike in the back of the van.

I've got all the prerequisites ready to go.

- John

jholbrook

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down