Penticton Outdoor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Highland Trail - Chute Lake to East of Kelowna

Go down

The Highland Trail - Chute Lake to East of Kelowna Empty The Highland Trail - Chute Lake to East of Kelowna

Post  Admin Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:31 am

I've posted about this hiking / biking trail in the past, so consider this un 'update'. Over the past few weeks I have spoken at length with the trail-boss from Cabin Forestry Co., the company that is just finishing up the hiking / biking trail between Kelowna and Kalamalka Park in Vernon (the High Rim Trail)

It looks like his company now has the contract to clear the Chute Lake to east-Kelowna trail (the Highland Trail). It present it can be hiked, but is in very poor shape indeed. I've added a link (below) to a copy of the latest trail map of the area. Once downloaded, use the tabs on the right-hand side of the screen to turn map features (layers) on or off in order to get faster response from this large map. The download may take as while as this map is 3.7 megabytes in size.

It looks like next fall we will have one kick-butt trail between here and Kelowna, then Kelowna to Kalamalka Park! It will make for a great multi-day hike / ride.

Andrew D.

Map Link

Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.sweetsingletrack.ca

Back to top Go down