Penticton Outdoor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carmi ... a little moist still

2 posters

Go down

Carmi ... a little moist still Empty Carmi ... a little moist still

Post  1part@atime Mon May 23, 2011 7:22 pm

Just pedalled up the Carmi Rec Trails and I gotta say, wee bid damp still. Ran across a fair bit of snow and some rednecks shootin guns (moderately disturbing).
I wasn't the first as I found 2 sets of mtb tracks on some of the skinnies.

Carmi ... a little moist still P1010010

For now, I will enjoy the glory that is the Mice.

1part@atime
1part@atime

Back to top Go down

Carmi ... a little moist still Empty Carmi - Peat Bog Trails

Post  Admin Mon May 23, 2011 8:55 pm

Was in there today as well; we entered from the parking area off the left of Peat Bog Rd., the Code4-knuckleduster 'path up'. The first run we did was Pancho's Revenge and onto Knuckleduster. The second run was up the same initial trail, but turning off into the Carmi Rec. Trail Network (first left, at the 2nd Google sign) and down those wildly fun flowy 2-track trails to the exit on Beaverdell Rd.

We then crossed through the Carmi garbage dump, aka; the Carmi XC parking lot... and down the Ellis Creek Canyon Trail to the switchback just below the Garnet Fire Interpretive centre.

We experienced a lot of water, but very little snow. I'd say that the area needs about two more weeks. The Ellis Creek Canyon Trail is excellent - with just one small spot mid-way through, and one spot at the end that must be walked.

We cut a lot of deadfall / grow-over out today; I urge everyone to "Do Their 1%" of trail maintenance this spring - especially in the Carmi area. Bike club members; get in touch with me if you want to build 'up Carmi'. We (PACA) signed a land use agreement with the Ministry last year for hundreds of acres of forest in that area, and we can now legally create new trails there, we just need to submit a GPS track of the trail's new route beforehand. This works hand in hand with the necessity of pre-flagging the route anyway...

I am set to continue on the work I started last year in an effort to create the area's first intermediate "blue run". Carmi is a fantastic area to build trails, but we just gotta' do it right, with permission. We also have to help pin down the freeking imbeciles who are dumping garbage in the forest!

The bike club has an [excellent] relationship with the ministry responsible for crown land in the valley; lets make the best of it. If we do this right, Carmi lands can become our success story, just like Moose Mt. is for our bros' (and sis'tas) in Alberta. ( http://www.mmbts.com )

Andrew D.

Carmi ... a little moist still CarmiXCwetland

Last edited by Admin on Tue May 24, 2011 3:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.sweetsingletrack.ca

Back to top Go down

Carmi ... a little moist still Empty for next time ....

Post  1part@atime Mon May 23, 2011 11:00 pm

Too bad we didn't meet, I got all discombobulated with all the green and white and couldn't find Pancho's, I barely made it onto Code4.
Next time you go up let me know so you can guide and I can clean. Very Happy
I'm taking a few days off riding this week, 5 rides this weekend has wiped me out.

Brent
(golden broomstick strapped to a Pivot)
1part@atime
1part@atime

Back to top Go down

Carmi ... a little moist still Empty Re: Carmi ... a little moist still

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down