Penticton Outdoor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Apex - Beat the Heat

Go down

Apex - Beat the Heat Empty Apex - Beat the Heat

Post  Admin Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:09 pm

Apex Resort; what a great place to visit in order to beat the summertime heat! On average, its between 8 and 10 degrees cooler in the alpine, compared to the valley floor. This past Sunday, myself, Dino, Andyman and John spent the morning / afternoon exploring seldom-used singletrack trails on Beaconsfiled Mt. (Apex Resort), as well as Nickel Plate Lake.

We were also lucky to see a family of bears on the way up to Apex. Drive carefully on the Green Mt. Rd., as the bears appear to be hanging around near it.

The place is currently ablaze with wildflowers; the cool, snowy, delayed spring finds the alpine flowers in full bloom - about a month later than normal. Check it out:

Alpine Flowers

Apex - Beat the Heat Alpine%20flowers

Da' Boyz' - Led by the always happy John

Apex - Beat the Heat Behind%20shot%20-%20da%20boyz

Flowers, flowers everywhere

Apex - Beat the Heat Boys%20in%20the%20flowers

Red tip pine tree buds

Apex - Beat the Heat Red%20pinetops

We reworked the rock garden at Nickel Plate Lake - Its now reasonably easy to ride

Apex - Beat the Heat Rock%20garden

Someone set up, and then abandoned (?) this large TeePee near Nickel Plate Lake

Apex - Beat the Heat Teepee

Andrew

PS: Dino, that large flat rock that I found and chucked trailside while looking for my camera would be excellent for the final exit after the last rock in the rock garden - in place of the log and mud-hole. Either that, or to cover the mud hole prior to crossing the wooden bridge just after the rock garden...

Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.sweetsingletrack.ca

Back to top Go down