Penticton Outdoor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Campbell Reloaded!

Go down

Campbell Reloaded! Empty Campbell Reloaded!

Post  Admin Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:15 am

Couldn't resist the temptation to ride Campbell after this morning's downpour. As usual post-rain, the trails were perfectly tacky without a hint of muddiness! Hitched up the Bob, loaded it with crush rock and a McLeod and headed up. Figured that I'd get the proverbial 2 birds with one stone - some maintenance, some riding; the fully suspended Bob trailer makes that easy.

Dropped some crush into that drain-gully on the west face

Campbell Reloaded! Crush%20&%20Trailer

Provided the hill-climbing dirt-bikers with something new to destroy...

Campbell Reloaded! Dirt-Bike%20Crossing

And finally did something about the perennial washout near the end of the Whoop!

Campbell Reloaded! Rock%20Drainage

Regarding that last one; I think it best if the erosion trench that causes the area to repeatedly wash away was diverted above the washout. If anyone wants to take on the task, hike uphill about 50 feet where you'll see the break-over in the slope. There, dig a side-trench to the east. Between that and the rock-work below, I'd say that we'll have that section beat once and for all. I simply ran out of daylight this evening.

Learned something new today; if one brings along a super-strength poly bag - the kind that Art Knapps sells crush rock in - it'll come in damned handy for transporting rocks and dirt on trail-days, and not be cumbersome the way a 5-gallon pail is.

Andrew

Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.sweetsingletrack.ca

Back to top Go down