Penticton Outdoor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Campbell Mt. Trailday. Sun., Nov. 18th - 2:30 to 4:30pm

4 posters

Go down

Campbell Mt. Trailday. Sun., Nov. 18th - 2:30 to 4:30pm Empty Campbell Mt. Trailday. Sun., Nov. 18th - 2:30 to 4:30pm

Post  Admin Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:02 am

Campbell Mt. Trail-Day, Sun., Nov.18  2:30 to 4:30pm meet at pavement / north parking lot entry. Hike / ride to work zone is under 1km. I'll have a Bob trailer in tow to drag equipment in.

Bring Shovel + Hoe + Safety Gear (proper footwear, gloves, eye-protection)

Trail-riding season may be nearly at an end, but all of this moisture may allow for a few weeks of trailbuilding before we haul out the snow-toys! It'd be good to lay down the track before freezeup, as that would give it a solid winter to set up hard before spring riding.

www.sweetsingletrack.ca

Andrew

Last edited by Admin on Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.sweetsingletrack.ca

Back to top Go down

Campbell Mt. Trailday. Sun., Nov. 18th - 2:30 to 4:30pm Empty Campbell trail day

Post  dbrooke Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:26 pm

I'll try to drag my sorry self up there to do some shovelling. i was up riding today and explored the newly flagged route near the trail we refer to as "Wankers". Looks like it will be a nice new line. Perhaps I'll dust off my chainsaw as there seemed to be loads of deadfall to clear.

Dave

dbrooke

Back to top Go down

Campbell Mt. Trailday. Sun., Nov. 18th - 2:30 to 4:30pm Empty Trail Route

Post  Admin Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:50 pm

Perhaps someone has been playing around with the pin-flagging since I last saw it more than a week ago, but there shouldn't be a need for chainsaws... I laid it out in a manner which passes between / around a number of downed trees, but there shouldn't be need to remove any of them.

Appreciate you stepping up for this gig; if every rider in the valley kicks in one measly afternoon per riding season, we'd have some of the sweetest singletrack in North America!

There are always (far) more trails to maintain than the bike club could ever hope to keep clear / smooth / flowy. The missing denominator is always man-power... and woman-power too btw. Gals don't seem to think that they can be of any help on trail-days, or at least thats what I assume, given that I haven't seen any out on trail days with us in many a moon...

Care to prove me wrong gals? :-)

Andrew
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.sweetsingletrack.ca

Back to top Go down

Campbell Mt. Trailday. Sun., Nov. 18th - 2:30 to 4:30pm Empty Re: Campbell Mt. Trailday. Sun., Nov. 18th - 2:30 to 4:30pm

Post  humangps Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:55 pm

You have come across a flagged trail that may one day be a connector to Wankers from the road/fenceline.It is only the first of a few hikes I will do to find the best line(s) so no chainsawing required yet.
I can't make it sunday as football will take prescedence. I may try to put in a few hours on Saturday.
I encourage riders/hikers/runners to get out and lend a hand.The trail will benefit all.
Dino

humangps

Back to top Go down

Campbell Mt. Trailday. Sun., Nov. 18th - 2:30 to 4:30pm Empty Re: Campbell Mt. Trailday. Sun., Nov. 18th - 2:30 to 4:30pm

Post  Highpockets Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:58 pm

I'll be there to help out!

Gary
Highpockets
Highpockets

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down