Penticton Outdoor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Penticton Cycling Network Workshop

3 posters

Go down

Penticton Cycling Network Workshop Empty Penticton Cycling Network Workshop

Post  Rowena Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:45 am

What: Penticton Cycling Network Workshop
When: Thursday August 20th
Time: 7pm - 9pm
Where: Community Center, upstairs in meeting room #2

Join City Councillor Andrew Jakubeit, City Engineer Ian Chapman, and the Penticton and Area Cycling Association who are hosting a cycling network planning workshop. Have your say in the future of cycling in Penticton.

This is your chance to express your opinion and share your ideas and shape what cycling will look like a year from now, 5 years, or 10 years in the future.

Do you have idea on the current bike lane network? Would you like to see it expanded? Would you like to see wider shoulders on Naramata Road? Would you like bike lanes on East Side Road? Would you like to see Penticton be a cycling destination for tourism? Would you like to see Campbell Mountain and Three Blind Mice trail networks included as destinations in a cycling network? Would you like to see cycling promoted in Penticton for sport, health, tourism and the environment? These are only a few ideas!

This is an important meeting to have your voice heard and help shape the future of cycling in Penticton.

I hope to see you there!

Rowena
VP Penticton and Area Cycling Association
Rowena
Rowena

Back to top Go down

Penticton Cycling Network Workshop Empty Bike Network Meeting - Video

Post  Andrew Jakubeit Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:08 pm

Click here to view movie

In doing some research and formulating an agenda... I came across this video (link above) It is something that I'm passionate about and I hope others will join the movement and attend Thursday the 20th at 7PM to make this type of thinking a reality. If we are going increase cycling then we must first make it safe!

Andrew J.

Andrew Jakubeit

Back to top Go down

Penticton Cycling Network Workshop Empty Physically Separated Bike Lanes

Post  Admin Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:40 pm

Andrew,

That is an [ excellent ] film! So good in fact, that I am going to post it on the main page in the hope that many more folks will have an opportunity to view it and see what is possible.

Thank you once again for your support of this extremely worthwhile cause!

Andrew D.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.sweetsingletrack.ca

Back to top Go down

Penticton Cycling Network Workshop Empty Re: Penticton Cycling Network Workshop

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down